Blogrow

v 1.0.0

A clean, light and modern personal blog theme. Responsive, high resolution with a full-width carousel for all of your favourite featured posts.

Free
  • preview-2
  • preview-3

Want to support my work? Consider buying one of my premium themes. For theme updates, follow me on Twitter.

Downloads so far: 4186

• Read the theme documentation here
  • Blogrow is on GitHub

Standard, grid or list blog

Show your blog posts in a standard, grid or a list layout.

Flexible full-width carousel

Show all of your favourite blog posts in a featured carousel.

Related posts & post nav

Motivate your readers to explore more articles on your website with related posts and links to previous and next article.

More Features

But wait, there is more!

100% High resolution

Awesome sharpness on retina screens and other high resolution devices. No compromise anywhere.

Ultra responsive

This theme will scale down beautifully from a full hd resolution down to a low resolution mobile phone.

Extensive styling options

Set any of unlimited accent colors for the theme and other specified areas in seconds.

Post formats

Easily show video, audio, image and gallery sliders with the most used post formats available.

Almost zero images

With Font Awesome, CSS and a modern flat look this theme manages to load only a few images total for the whole layout, depending on layout choice.

Unlimited widget areas

There is no limit to how many widget sidebars you can create. Each widget area can be assigned to a unique page, post or standard WP sections.

0-4 Footer widget columns

Use anything from no footer widgets all the way up to 4 columns. A personal favourite is 3 columns for good space on all devices.

Set the website max-width

You choose how wide you want your website to be via the admin panel. With a neat numeric slider, it’s one click away.

Social links

Easily add your own social links to your header and footer. Use any of 605 icons. Set a unique color for each if you want.

Font selection

Choose from a list of some good-looking fonts supplied via Google Fonts. Latin Extended and Cyrillic options included.

Flexible layout options

Set sidebars to the left or right on any post or page. You can also specify for home, single, archive, category, search and error 404 pages.

Integrated share counts

Sharrre is inlcuded which gives you high-res share buttons and counts for each article. Not a fan of social media? Just disable them.

Backend theme options

Great customization ability directly from the theme options panel without having to touch any code at all.

Good SEO

The markup is search engine optimized to allow the best possible result for your website.

Straightforward code

A WordPress theme code structure that is easy to work with. No layer upon layer with bloated code.

Custom built widgets

Includes widgets to display responsive video, tabbed content, post lists and other neat features.

Custom logo upload

Upload your own custom logo with a few simple clicks. No logo yet? Use the standard plain-text option.

Custom page templates

Page templates for things such as a childpage menus are included. The layout options are many.

Cross-browser support

Compatible with the latest versions of modern browsers - Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and IE8 or 9+.

Localisation support

Translate into any language you wish using the included .po/.mo files. Everything you need to get started.

OptionTree framework

Fully integrated OptionTree, a fantastic theme options framework that is easy to work with. Created by Derek Herman.

Full child theme support

The theme has been built with child themes in mind. All functions and files are pluggable and easy to work with.

Do you like it? Share it perhaps?

77 Responses

1. Joseph Holmes says:

You’re an artist! This theme’s so beauthiful!
    Just a little question: how did you change the articles page’s title to “The Blog. What’s New?” because by default WordPress put the site’s title here. Thanks in advance!

2. Raghu says:

Another super amazing theme. I just love your themes.
    Thanks alex

3. Hello, firstly, thanks for this great theme.
    I have problem, whatever how long the excerpt length is, “continue reading…” part does not work. How can I fix this problem? Thanks.

4. In share button part, google plus share button doesn’t seem. Why is that?

5. Rezus says:

THAT`S PERFECT ! Snx for possibility to download free

6. olawuni olukunle says:

nice job alx… but m having problem wit my mobile view, i dont want dt hamburger icon to show as my menu, i want my viewers to see d menu wihout clicking the sign… plss help out

7. Bhuwan Roka says:

It’s really simple and clean WordPress Theme. Appreciate it for the great job.

8. Jason says:

Hello,Thank you for the great theme Blogrow,I very much like,but I cannot get file of xml, Can send me a copy?

9. Lochan says:

sorry for question other than this theme but Link for ‘Typecore theme download’ is missing, where can i download that them..i am already a proud user of ‘Magaziner’..i need it for my other website

10. Beautiful theme, thanks! I was a big fan of your Agnar theme to and just switched to this one.

How do I get my home page to look like the one in the demo? With an image, a bit of text (not in a separate window) and the carousel at the bottom?

I’m sorry, I feel like it’s obvious, but I’ve been trying to figure it out for an hour now and can’t seem to get it.

Thanks!

11. One more question, Alexander. I can’t figure out how to get the “read more” button to appear like it does on the home page of the demo.

And is there way for me to link this page to a page about me instead of my posts page? Thanks, and that’s the last thing, I swear.

12. undefined says:

this theme is just the index awesome
    the single page is not feeling good
    why don’t you put the article in the center of the page

13. Arv says:

Hello Alx, I love your themes.. Its responsive and beautiful.. Thank! 🙂

14. Jan says:

First up: Thank you for this great theme!
    How do I get the correct “Heading” and “Subheading” on my Blog/Posts Page as in your demo? In my case it only shows the title of the whole blog/website…

15. Chen says:

Where the .XML file is? I can not find it,author?can you send me this file?

16. Varna says:

Hello, thank you for the theme!
    Where is the file with demo content???
    “…Upload the .XML data file, located in the resources folder of your theme package zip file….”

• Tim says:

I’m having this same issue. Can’t find the XML and there’s no Resources folder, as far as I can tell.

17. Ulli says:

Hi there. I got stuck with the theme. I want like in the demo version,but i don’t get. i choose colour/font… but how to get the three pics on top? To get the about me at the right… i feel kind to stupid.

18. Ulli says:

Just to ad: i can not install the demo version. I did everything step by step as discribed in documentation,but no way to find the xml. In the downloaded zip…