Kontrast

v 1.0.0

A solid responsive high resolution magazine & blog theme. With slide-toggle sidebars you are in for a great viewing experience on any device.

Free
  • kontrast-preview
  • kontrast-preview-2

Want to support my work? Consider buying one of my premium themes. For theme updates, follow me on Twitter.

Downloads so far: 4729

Toggle fixed-width sidebars

The primary sidebar is always kept at a neat 300px. The secondary is 220px. Both are always rendered after the content in the code, no matter layout.

Related posts & post nav

Motivate your readers to explore more articles on your website with related posts and links to previous and next article.

Featured story or slider

Show your most recent post in large size on the frontpage, or select a featured category to pick stories from. 0-10 featured articles can be shown.

Boxed layout

Want a boxed layout style instead of full-width? It’s one click away in the styling options.

Footer & header ads

Prepared footer and header widget areas for leaderboard ads can be enabled.

Standard post style

Don’t want the 2-posts per row style? Enable the standard list style instead.

More Features

But wait, there is more!

100% High resolution

Awesome sharpness on retina screens and other high resolution devices. No compromise anywhere.

Ultra responsive

This theme will scale down beautifully from a full hd resolution down to a low resolution mobile phone.

Extensive styling options

Set any of unlimited accent colors for the theme and other specified areas in seconds.

Post formats

Easily show video, audio, image and gallery sliders with the most used post formats available.

Almost zero images

With Font Awesome, CSS and a modern flat look this theme manages to load only a few images total for the whole layout, depending on layout choice.

Unlimited widget areas

There is no limit to how many widget sidebars you can create. Each widget area can be assigned to a unique page, post or standard WP sections.

0-4 Footer widget columns

Use anything from no footer widgets all the way up to 4 columns. A personal favourite is 3 columns for good space on all devices.

Set the website max-width

You choose how wide you want your website to be via the admin panel. With a neat numeric slider, it’s one click away.

Social links

Easily add your own social links to your header and footer. Use any of 605 icons. Set a unique color for each if you want.

Font selection

Choose from a list of some good-looking fonts supplied via Google Fonts. Latin Extended and Cyrillic options included.

Flexible layout options

Set sidebars to the left or right on any post or page. You can also specify for home, single, archive, category, search and error 404 pages.

Integrated share counts

Sharrre is inlcuded which gives you high-res share buttons and counts for each article. Not a fan of social media? Just disable them.

Backend theme options

Great customization ability directly from the theme options panel without having to touch any code at all.

Good SEO

The markup is search engine optimized to allow the best possible result for your website.

Straightforward code

A WordPress theme code structure that is easy to work with. No layer upon layer with bloated code.

Custom built widgets

Includes widgets to display responsive video, tabbed content, post lists and other neat features.

Custom logo upload

Upload your own custom logo with a few simple clicks. No logo yet? Use the standard plain-text option.

Custom page templates

Page templates for things such as a childpage menus are included. The layout options are many.

Cross-browser support

Compatible with the latest versions of modern browsers - Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and IE8 or 9+.

Localisation support

Translate into any language you wish using the included .po/.mo files. Everything you need to get started.

OptionTree framework

Fully integrated OptionTree, a fantastic theme options framework that is easy to work with. Created by Derek Herman.

Full child theme support

The theme has been built with child themes in mind. All functions and files are pluggable and easy to work with.

Do you like it? Share it perhaps?

89 Responses

1. Adham says:

Hi Alex,
    At first thank you for your awesome wp theme. Are there an opportuinity to change the left sidebar background color? I have changed left sidebar bkg color, but it still appears in mobile version of this template. In addition, the tumbnails of posts are unavailable. Could I use my own slider on the main page? Thank you in advance!

2. Chizi says:

My footer went blank. The background colour was set at default which is light black and I never changed it. I was fixing the widgets on my site and after reloading the page I noticed that the footer colour had changed to white with no write up showing. Only the social media icons were showing. It’s still set to black in Theme Options so I don’t know why it’s acting that way. I even tried to remove the widgets. Same thing. My site is chizivista.com

3. Al says:

Happy user of your awesome themes both premium (asianblend) and free (various) just now ran upon this strange issue: html in the left sidebar (the radio image links) not show up on other pages then the frontpage, what can this be?? Hope someone has the answer here..

4. varels says:

Hello Chris great theme! I’m wondering how do i upload my own logo?

5. maya says:

From where download demo content

6. Jochen Hoff says:

I want to import the demo data to habe a better underständig. But in the zio folder there is no demo data. Any Idea

7. Ed says:

Hi ! PLS ask me how can I can on slider)

8. Alexander says:

Hello!
    How to link .xml file demo content downloads?

9. Alex says:

Hi thanks for your excellent work!
    Have questions
    1) how to insert a thumbnail for video recording format?
    2) why the thumbnail image and the image for the slider and have a low resolution?
    Thanks in advance for your reply!

10. Alex says:

Good afternoon! When you insert a video in the post shows video and next the share button.
    When you paste the code in the box video Video URL (Format: Video) in the record shows a video with buttons share. They are shown not to the right. They are shown on the right below the video. Minikartinka not showing on the website-well worth a stub. What am I doing wrong?
    Sorry for my English!

11. Paul White says:

Question,
    I so much love this theme, but please how can i change the backgroung color of the primary and secondary side bars?
    thanks Plenty

12. Paul H says:

Hey Alex!

Love your theme.
    Could you please help me with one thing? How can I get rid of big miniature image inside the post, i don’t need it.
    Thanks!

13. Jan says:

Hey, thanks for this awesome theme! I’ve got one question tho, I cannot seem to find the data xml file in the theme zip, as you mentioned in the dummy content section of the documentation. Can you perhaps upload this file somewhere? Or, if it is included in the zip and I’m missing it, tell me the directory it’s in? Thanks again, and thanks in advance! Kind regards, Jan

14. Viktor says:

Alex, thanks for theme.
    One issue – I cant find xml with demo content. Its definitely not included in package. Where can I download it?
    Thanks in advance!

15. terrarium says:

Great themes available here and that’s really cool.

16. SarzzeR says:

Hello, I don’t know why but share buttons doesn’t apear properly: http://imgur.com/a/93tfj How can this be fixed?

17. Andrew says:

How do I fix structured data for the Kontrast Theme.

18. Karl Heisenberg says:

Hi Alex thanks for the awesome theme,
    QUESTION : I turned the standard posts list OFF. Now i’m able to get a grid view of posts in the homepage which i’m happy with. BUT in the mobile view I need to add a border between the posts to separate them. Where to change the code?